I am grateful to Northumbria University, Property Care Services PCS and DLA Piper for supporting this English Teaching Assistants programme.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

THE LIFE

Where am I living? I asked over and over, basically my accommodation wasn't ready yet, which sounded alarming. They told me it will be on the school grounds, in my head they were painting the walls of the bike shed and putting a flea bitten mattress in the corner. But I didn't care about that yet as they were putting me in a hotel until it was ready!
The director marched into the the (amazing) hotel and told reception I was his VIP guest and for them to get me anything I wanted. I was in complete shock, this was not what I anticipated at all! 

They took me to my room and the director pulled out 10,000 baht- my first payment. We posed for more photos and then they let me rest for a few hours. 

They picked me up at 6 for dinner and to meet the local police officers (?!) the director had told them to keep an eye out for me whilst I'm staying in the area. We posed for (more) photos and then I had an amazing sleep at the hotel, it still wasn't real.


Varsitee hotel, Suphan Buri

This sight was to become my standard view. The back of the directors air conditioned car with Elvis playing on full.

No comments:

Post a Comment