I am grateful to Northumbria University, Property Care Services PCS and DLA Piper for supporting this English Teaching Assistants programme.

Tuesday 27 August 2013

SCHOOL LIFE

It took about three weeks for me to become a relatively normal fixture around school. I made sure to hang out with the students as much as possible, so break times, lunch times, any free lessons, I would sit outside and wait for them to dare to join me. They are all so sooo nice, I found that they are all quite young for their ages in comparison to English kids, so if they are talking in Thai and laughing it's not because they are telling you to piss off in Thai, its just jokey chat like 'i love you' or something. Considering how shy they are, its surprising how keen they are to get up and sing or dance for you. I have countless videos on my phone of the kids singing Beyonce and Lady Gaga, or more colloquial tunes like The Elephant Man, very funny. 

After telling them my full name I went home to find 75 friend requests on facebook- most nights. My news feed is now full Thai teenagers, they looove to update their status' and edit photos, for example...




No comments:

Post a Comment