I am grateful to Northumbria University, Property Care Services PCS and DLA Piper for supporting this English Teaching Assistants programme.

Thursday 29 August 2013

FILMING FOR THE THAI NEWS

So today 'Morning World' came with the British Council to film me teaching at school. It was all very casual, they informed me I would be filmed teaching, have a short interview which would be aired to around 7 MILLION people in Thailand in about two weeks. Out of the 200 ETA's, I was told that just three of us would be filmed. I'm not sure why my area was picked, maybe it was easy for them to get to- but my director obviously knew about this before me as he popped to the salon for his hair and makeup to be done- I wish I was joking. I chose to sport the au natural look, the sweaty round face is in fact a 'glowing complexion', which took me hours to perfect, a thank you.
Here are some photos from the day. I did 'how often' with the students, they were amazing and answered all my questions perfectly. Probably due to the fact I promised them sweets every day for the next week. I also somehow ended giving the film crew a tour of my house, and had to do a walking interview around the lake/large pond in the middle of the school grounds. For some reason I wasn't nervous. I think it's because I found out about it all half an hour before it happened, so nerves would only waste valuable lesson planning time!

 Getting 'miced up'









No comments:

Post a Comment