I am grateful to Northumbria University, Property Care Services PCS and DLA Piper for supporting this English Teaching Assistants programme.

Monday 26 August 2013

ACCOMODATION

For the first week I had no idea where I was going to be living. I knew something was going on in regards to preparing somewhere- every now and then my mentor would appear with pink paint smeared across her cheek, or we would drop by the local housing shop to pick up a light fitting or something small like a fridge. I didn't like to ask as I didn't want to be a pest, PLUS they had put me up in an amazing hotel so far so I definitely wasn't complaining, I was living a life like Paris Hilton.

Anyway after a week I was told my house was ready. My mentor told me that they wanted to get to know me first so that they could decorate the house to suit me. I was already overwhelmed that I was being given an actual house, let alone a tailor made one?!
The headteacher and my two mentors (English teachers from the school, Euon- dad and Khubee-mum) picked me up from the hotel and drove me to the new house. The house is on the school grounds, tucked behind the English Block- perfect for lie-ins!
As we approached the house I was absolutely gob-smacked. It was bright blue, with a pink fence, a mini pool, dolls, welcome posters, music and party food. It felt like we were entering Disney Land!
Inside was even more extreme;\
Pink Fridge (filled with my favourite things)                               Dressing Room
Pink sink                                                                                 Photographs from the trip so far
Pink sofas                                                                               Giant teddy bear and dolls
Plasma TV                                                                              Disney wallpaper
DVD player                                                                            Manchester United bedding
Western style shower and toilet                                               TOMATO KETCHUP

I don't think it will ever really sink in, I will never be 'given' a house again in my life, I couldn't believe my luck. What on earth have I ever done to deserve this?! Going to sleep that night next to a teddy bear the same size as me felt quite surreal to say the least.









No comments:

Post a Comment